Sunday, December 18, 2011

Making your experience with Resident Evil more exciting, adventurous and healthier

About 2 and a half years back, I bought a used gamecube for the sole purpose of being able to play the Resident Evil (RE) games released exclusively to that counsel. But I rarely played the games since I only have Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil 1 and Resident Evil 2 on it.

Also considering it takes hours to finish for each game, I usually play them during long holydays. And so it happens that I am on winter break from university that I decided to finish the games in chronological order.

I haven't tried this method myself, but am about to, so I decided to share it with other RE fans in this post. Firstly, I avoid using RE strategy guides/walkthroughs in order to feel the full excitement of the games. I only use them when I'm really, really stuck.

I just started Resident Evil Zero the day before yesterday. So far I haven't gotten stuck, not to the point that I need to look up the answer anyway. But a great strategy I'm looking into is using the Resident Evil novels as clues to finish the game. Most loyal fans of the RE franchise will know that the books don't exactly match the storylines of the games, but they're still more than 50% similar.

This makes the novels excellent clues for the games. I have the novels of RE 1 or better known as The Umbrella Conspiracy which is it's book title and Code Veronica. I unfortunately bought them years after I finished the games on my PlayStation 2.

For someone who's read the books and played the games, I can tell you they do give you plenty of clues to help finish the game. They do sometimes directly solve puzzles for you, but usually give clues before the character reveals the answer.

This makes the novels excellent guides into solving key aspects of the games without spoiling the funs that strategy guides/walkthroughs do. I once picked up a comic of Code Veronica in a bookstore at a shopping mall. I wish I had bought it, but they're hard to find nowdays. As i remember, it was more or less a graphic novel following the exact same events as the book.

With all that being mentioned, I have a good idea to go out today to the bookstore and pick up a copy of Resident Evil Zero Hour, the novelization of Resident Evil Zero.

I'm not going to waste my money buying the book just to help me figure out the game, but I'm going to spend a while at the bookstore looking through the book and getting some clues. The bookstore near my house allows customers to read books and magazines without restriction. This is because it's a large corporate chain making huge profits each day, also allowing customers to order books not available for sale at their stores.

But that's a different story all together. I have to go to that area anyway today to have my haircut and what better time to spend a few hours out of the house? By nightfall I should be home and start playing again using all the clues I've obtained from the novel.

That's my recommendation to every fan who wants to solve the game without ruining the fun for themselves. I know there are PDF versions online, but I'm not up for sitting in front of a computer screen sitting on one chair and stressing my eyes and my body by sitting still and neither should you.

I'd like the healthier way and take a trip out of the house and so should you. With things such as RE it's not just about spending the whole adventure behind the TV and counsel. Going out doors, reading the clues off the novels or comics, analyzing them etc. is good for your mental and physical health. It's all part of the bigger adventure and should give better excitement along with health than just skimming through a strategy guide.

So try out this new suggestion and may your Resident Evil game experience be as exciting as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment